Atole de avena is a comforting hot Mexican oatmeal drink that is perfect for fall and winter. This drink provides you with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Use this recipe the next time you want a cozy morning breakfast or a filling snack!
Serving size: 1
Total time: 12 minutes
• 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats (rolled oats)
• 2 1/2 cups of low-fat milk or milk alternative
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1/3 cup of brown sugar
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1. Grind the oats in a blender or small food processor until it reaches flour like consistency.
2. In a small pot, add all the ingredients and bring to a soft boil.
3. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
4. Remove from heat, top with ground cinnamon, and serve warm in a mug.